A fire at a massage parlor triggers asbestos fears.

Mesothelioma Cancer News – A massage parlor fire has triggered asbestos fears. As reported by Newstalk ZB, the cause of the New Zealand based fire at the Lovebirds massage parlor is currently being investigated by the Fire Service; however, concerns now include whether dangerous asbestos fibers or particles have been released as a result.

Steve Smith, a shift manager of the Fire Service is reported by Newstalk ZB as having stated the Health and Safety staff were called in addition to fire rescue workers due to concerns about asbestos.

As noted in the report, all workers at the parlor were able to get out of the parlor safely, and no fire related injuries were reported. Exposure to asbestos can result in the development of mesothelioma cancer, asbestosis, and other types of asbestos related disease.

Mesothelioma Cancer News provides news and information on asbestos attorneys throughout the U.S.

Tags: , , , ,

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: