A North Devon man receives compensation after developing mesothelioma from asbestos exposure.
Mesothelioma News (UK)—A man who developed mesothelioma cancer after being exposed to asbestos on the job has received compensation from the chimney manufacturer he worked for. As reported by the North Devon Gazette, Graham Dancer received a significant sum as part of a settlement with his former employer out of court.
As noted in the report, Dancer, 63, worked for the chimney manufacturer Selkirk Flue Limited for 38 years, and was reportedly exposed to asbestos through pipe insulation during the earlier years he was employed there.
Dancer is quoted in the report as stating of the past contamination, “There was so much asbestos dust that you could see a thick layer of it on your tool box. You could also see it floating in the air. My overalls and hair would be covered in it.”
Mesothelioma Cancer News provides news provides news and information on asbestos attorneys and law.