Understanding the Epithelial, Surcomatoid and the Biphasic types of the malignant mesothelioma
Dallas, TX: Facts about mesothelioma cancer are fairly known to many and specially to those who are affected with mesothelioma cancer. Yet, with this rare disease harming those who have been closely associated with asbestos, exposing themselves to asbestos fibers at their work place or through the family members who brought the dust of silver fiber at home in the work cloths, shoes, hair while returing from work.
The fact noted here is that no one who comes into contact with asbestos is spared from its lethal effects whether its is a direct asbestos industry workers or the worker of the industry that produces goods in which asbestos is used as a raw material and the family members, their friends and loved ones of these workers. Thus, the number of people who get effected from asbestos fibers easily and surely multiplies.
Epithelial mesothelioma, Sarcomatoid mesothelioma, malignant biphasic mesothelioma
1) The Epithelial mesothelioma: Approximately 50% to 70% of mesothelioma cells are the epithelial cells. These cells are tubular in pattern and are of uniform shape. These cells develop in the mesothelioma that protects certain organs of the gastrointestinal tract and the lungs.
Treatment of these epithelial cells is based on the three traditional therapies of surgery, radiation and chemotherapy. Sometimes, two therapies are combined for the treatment, depending upon the intensity of the infection.
2) The sarcomatoid mesothelioma: These cells are irregular and oval in shape. The nucleus is difficult to detect. These cells further divide into secondary cells and are classified as the ‘acinar ‘cells, the’ clear’’ cells and the ’tubo-papillary’ cells. About 10% to 15% of the total mesothelioma cancer patients belong to this class of cells. This type of the cells lead towards death.
The treatment is the same as of the mesothelioma epithelial cells. But, these sarcomatoid cells are very resistant to these treatments. Help of other therapies such as the immunotherapy, the gene therapy and the photodynamic therapy proves helpful.
3) The malignant biphasic mesothelioma: 40% to 60% of the mesothelioma cancer patients belong to this class, The biphasic system is a combination of both the epithelial and the sarcomatoid types of mesothelioma.
Treatment is the same as prescribes for the above two types, with a few variations, depending upon the stage and level of the disease.
Thus, with the knowledge and the development in treatment and therapies, the sad part is, that all mesothelioma cancer cases are fatal.
###Online Mesothelioma Press Release Legal News Distribution - mesotheliomacancernews.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Hiring a Mesothelioma Lawyer
- Make Choosing a Mesothelioma Attorney Your Top Priority
- Mesothelioma Lawyer Alert: Mesothelioma Rates Are On The Rise
- Cold Temperatures Bring Fears of Asbestos Exposure to Squatters
- Mesothelioma Lawyers of Cooney & Conway File Mesothelioma Lawsuit
- Mesothelioma Trial Lawyers of Cooney and Conway Redesign Web Site
- Chairs announced for asbestos insurance conference
- Lung Cancer treatment advances show promise
- Total online visibility package for lawyers and mesothelioma law firms by OneSEOCompany.com
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles can see Mesothelioma Lawyer marketing company at 27th Event