Asbestos Victims Seek Compensation Fund Security
Victims are requesting assurance of the security of an asbestos compensation fund.
Mesothelioma Cancer News (Australia) – Asbestos victims are seeking assurance of the security of a fund set aside to provide them with compensation. As reported by The Sydney Morning Herald, advocates and union officials have met with the Australian management of James Hardie prior to the company’s yearly meeting to discuss the issue.
As noted by the Herald, the company previously announced that financial issues would prevent it from making contributions to the fund during the fiscal year for 2009-2010.
ACTU secretary Jeff Lawrence is quoted in the report as stating of the meeting, as well as the obligations of James Hardie, “Our issues are what actions they are going to take so the fund has adequate resources to make payments.”
The company is reportedly set to hold meetings in Syndey and The Netherlands within the next two weeks.
Mesothelioma Cancer News provides news and information on asbestos attorneys and law.Online Mesothelioma News Legal News Distribution - mesotheliomacancernews.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Is asbestos still found in prisons? answers the attorneys at Cooney Conway
- How has asbestos affected professionals like dentists and artists?
- Infamous author dies from mesothelioma
- I could have been exposed to asbestos through my hair dryer?
- All Types of Asbestos Are Dangerous Reports Cooney & Conway Mesothelioma Firm
- Understanding A Peritoneal Mesothelioma Diagnosis; from Mesothelioma Lawyers
- Potential for New Mesothelioma Treatment
- Symptoms of Leukemia in Adults
- Hiring a Company to Provide Mesothelioma Attorney Internet Marketing?
- Mesothelioma is a Slow-Growing Cancer