A Wales woman passed away after a judge’s landmark decision in her asbestos case.
UK (Mesothelioma Cancer News) – A woman who was involved in a lengthy court battle after being diagnosed with mesothelioma passed away following a judge’s ruling in her favor. As reported by BBC News, Dianne Willmore, a mother of two, died Thursday of the disease after a court ruled she was entitled to $240,000 in compensation due to being exposed to asbestos in school as a student in the 1970s.
As noted in the report, the case marks the first time a judgment has been won for a claim involving a student regarding asbestos exposure in a school. Paul Rowan, MP for Rochdale, is quoted by BBC News as stating of Willmore, “She was a brave, brave lady. In doing what she has done she has helped every member of staff and pupil who has been, or will be, exposed to asbestos in a school.”
Mesothelioma Cancer News provides news and information on asbestos attorneys and law.