Mesothelioma Cancer News provides information on asbestos attorneys and law.

New Zealand (Mesothelioma Cancer News) – Tests have confirmed that there was no off site asbestos contamination after a fire at the former Waipukurau Hospital earlier this week. As reported by Stuff.co.nz, Nicholas Jones, medical officer of health with the Hawke Bay District Health Board, stated that environmental samples were returned showing no contamination at multiple sites; however further sampling would be done to determine whether other asbestos had been disturbed.

Dr. Jones is quoted in the report as stating of efforts to reduce public health risks posed by the property, “Buildings on the site are generally in a state of disrepair and very dangerous… Many are known to contain asbestos. The public should stay away from the site and prevent exposing themselves to asbestos and falling debris.”

Central Hawke’s Bay District Council’s chief executive John Freeman is further quoted as advising the public, “Please take these warnings very seriously. Signs have been erected warning the public of the danger and people should keep out. Anyone who doesn’t adhere to those notices would be on the property at their own risk.”

Tags:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: