Delaware business fined by Massachusetts DEP for asbestos violation
09/28/2010 // Hopkinton, Delaware, USA // Mesothelioma News Now! // Delaware Mesothelioma Reporter
Life Technologies Corporation, a Delaware-based technology company, was fined $7,940 by the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) after they were found in violation of state asbestos regulations for work conducted at a facility no longer in use at 94-96 South St. in Hopkinton.
During an inspection of the site in August 2009, MassDEP inspectors found remnants of old floor tiles coated with asbestos-containing adhesive uncontained in a container located in the parking lot. The company had the tiles removed when they vacated the facility.
The company was cited for failing to notify MassDEP of a demolition/renovation operation involving asbestos-containing materials; improper removal, handling, packaging and storage of asbestos-containing materials; and allowing asbestos-containing materials to be handled in a manner that caused or contributed to a condition of air pollution at the site.
Under the terms of the negotiated settlement, MassDEP suspended $1,940 of the assessed penalty, with the agreement that the company follows through with a Supplemental Environmental Project.
MassDEP mandated that Life Technologies Corporation hire a Massachusetts Division of Occupational Safety-licensed asbestos contractor to safely remove, package and dispose of all asbestos waste at the site.
This Delaware Mesothelioma Report is brought to you by Mesothelioma News Now for mesothelioma attorneys and asbestos cancer lawyers.
Online Mesothelioma News Legal News Distribution - mesotheliomacancernews.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Is asbestos still found in prisons? answers the attorneys at Cooney Conway
- How has asbestos affected professionals like dentists and artists?
- Infamous author dies from mesothelioma
- I could have been exposed to asbestos through my hair dryer?
- All Types of Asbestos Are Dangerous Reports Cooney & Conway Mesothelioma Firm
- Understanding A Peritoneal Mesothelioma Diagnosis; from Mesothelioma Lawyers
- Potential for New Mesothelioma Treatment
- Symptoms of Leukemia in Adults
- Hiring a Company to Provide Mesothelioma Attorney Internet Marketing?
- Mesothelioma is a Slow-Growing Cancer