Scientist Say Your Own Cells Could Be Triggering Mesothelioma
08/02/2011 // Dallas, TX, USA // Asbestos Helpline // Asbestos Help Desk
Dallas, TX (Asbestos Exposure News) — A recent study on Mesothelioma conducted by Japanese scientists found what is being called a “natural killer cell”. This cell was found when scientists with a theory that because of the length of time Mesothelioma takes to develop, more than the carcinogenic properties of asbestos exposure may play a role in the cancer’s growth.
Natural killers, or NK cells, function as natural cancer defenders in healthy bodies. These NK cells seek out and eliminate pre-cancerous growths before harm can be done to the body. Kawasaki Medical School researchers studying Mesothelioma and asbestos exposure found that along with triggering inflammation of the cells, asbestos may also be putting a body’s natural killer cells to rest and leaving the exposed individual at greater risk of developing cancer.
The study conducted monitored both healthy patients and those with Mesothelioma. It was found that chrysotile asbestos exposure damages natural killer cells in both groups. Even cells that were only exposed to asbestos for only seven days showed a decrease in NK cells. The control test conducted with the asbestos exposure research was done with glass wool also known as fiberglass. Fiberglass exposed patients did not suppress the natural killer cells.
Mesothelioma is a deadly cancer that affects millions of people around the world. Further studies on asbestos exposure and natural killer cells will be done to learn more about the causes of Mesothelioma cancer. To learn more about Mesothelioma or to see help after asbestos exposure visit www.AsbestosHelpDesk.org.
Online Mesothelioma News Legal News Distribution - mesotheliomacancernews.com
Address: Dallas, TX
Url: Asbestos Mesothelioma Helpline
Other News / Press Releases
- Is asbestos still found in prisons? answers the attorneys at Cooney Conway
- How has asbestos affected professionals like dentists and artists?
- Infamous author dies from mesothelioma
- I could have been exposed to asbestos through my hair dryer?
- All Types of Asbestos Are Dangerous Reports Cooney & Conway Mesothelioma Firm
- Understanding A Peritoneal Mesothelioma Diagnosis; from Mesothelioma Lawyers
- Potential for New Mesothelioma Treatment
- Symptoms of Leukemia in Adults
- Hiring a Company to Provide Mesothelioma Attorney Internet Marketing?
- Mesothelioma is a Slow-Growing Cancer